Rugby Alberta, Saskatchewan Rugby and Rugby Manitoba are pleased to announce the launch of the Prairie Super League.
The competition for 2018 will comprise of 4 teams, Calgary Mavericks, Edmonton Gold, Saskatchewan and our own Manitoba Buffalo.
This competition will kick off the first weekend of July and will see the competition continue over the second weekend of July as well.
The schedule is set as follows:
Round 1: June 29th-July 1st
- Calgary Mavericks V Edmonton Gold (2 Game set in Alberta)
- Manitoba V Saskatchewan (2 Game set in Winnipeg)
Unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances the tournament was altered as Calgary and Edmonton were unable to field full squads for the Regina weekend of play. This has resulted in defaults for both teams in the remainder of their scheduled games as listed below.
Saskatchewan and Manitoba have received 20-0 victories in each scheduled game. However, Alberta had sent a team to play exhibition matches to round out the weekend against both other provinces in lieu of having the series finish out as originally planned.
Round 2: July 6th (Regina, part of Man Sask Tournament)
- Saskatchewan V Calgary Mavericks kick off 8 pm
- Manitoba V Edmonton Gold kick off 8 pm
Round 3: July 8th (Regina, part of Man Sask Tournament)
- Saskatchewan V Edmonton Gold 2 pm kick off
- Manitoba V Calgary Mavericks 2 pm kick off
Prairie Super League Standings