Updated Guidelines and Safety Protocols for Rugby Manitoba
July 15, 2021
Now that the Province has moved to level orange on the Pandemic Response System, outdoor sports and recreation activities are allowed to resume. There is significant evidence that the spread of Covid does not frequently occur outdoors (https://bjsm.bmj.com/content/early/2021/02/10/bjsports-2020-103714) which indicates a lower risk profile of outdoor sport.
- Gathering - 50 athletes (coaches/managers/ATs exempt)
- Facilities - Outdoor only, Indoor washroom facilities only.
- Engagement - Maintain a consistent training cohort.
- Equipment - Shared ball, flags, S&C equipment. Disinfect before and after use.
- Enhanced Protocols - Daily self assessment & attestation. Hand Hygiene
- Permitted Activities - contact training, small sided games, inter-club games
- Restricted Activities - Inter-provincial games, tournaments
- Travel - Restricted
- Records - Must log all attendance and record attestations either online or keep paper copies.
- Masks are only required for AT & indoor athletes.
Return to Play CHECKLIST
- COVID SAFETY OFFICER APPOINTED
- PROGRAM LEADER / PRESIDENT & COVID SAFETY OFFICER COMPLETED WORLD RUGBY COVID COURSE
- IDENTIFY RISK AND CREATE A COVID SAFETY PLAN
- UPDATE EMERGENCY ACTION PLAN
- IDENTIFY RUGBY PROGRAMMING (WHO, WHAT AND WHERE)
- SUBMIT DOCUMENTATION TO RUGBY MANITOBA
Templates for the “Return to Play” plan can be requested from email@example.com. Contact the office also if you require any assistance with the process. Schools programs do not require official sanctioning from Rugby Manitoba, but are bound by the same processes under the directive of MHSAA. For in depth information please consult the Rugby Manitoba RTP document, in events where there may be conflicting information between Manitoba Health and RTP, Provincial Health Guidelines will take precedence.
The full Rugby Manitoba / Rugby Canada RTP document can be found here;
To report a breach of these protocols, please contact the Rugby Manitoba office at firstname.lastname@example.org